"Donna E Schaper [a senior minister] has written a thought-provoking book to assist readers in developing a way to move forward, a way to become persons of faith, and a way of becoming Christians by "calmly plotting the resurrection." Schaper provides a daily exercise for the seven weeks of the Lenten season, including a passage of Scripture, a brief reflection, and concluding questions for further consideration or group discussion. The themes for each week of reflections are:
- Week 1 - Where Are We Going?
- Week 2 - Are We There Yet?
- Week 3 - Are We Lost?
- Week 4 - Parabolic Thinking: The Land Beyond Lost, Next To Doubt
- Week 5 - What Is Enough Resurrection?
- Week 6 - Rising
- Week 7 - Risen
ISBN-13: 978-1-59752-020-1 "
• DAY MURTI suggested to note 2-3 paragraphs in each week's reading that were meaningful and inspiring to us. This will allow us to condense what really matters to us and help pull out material for group discussions.
• For example, DAN STERN highlighted a bible passage, "In my father's house, there are many dwelling places." Consider that physicists have mathematically discovered 23+ dimensions, as detailed in the Public Broadcasting System Nova series entitled, "The Emergent Universe." (Check out - www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/physics/elegant-universe-einstein.html )
For next week, read (to page 14) the rest of "Week 1 - Where are we going?"